The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) has released its draft report with findings and recommendations on Embedded Networks. These are significant changes to how the industry currently operates, and will have considerable financial imposts on the operators of Embedded Networks.
The draft recommendations propose:
- Setting maximum electricity and gas prices by benchmarking them to retail offers on the Australian Energy Regulator’s (AER) Energy Made Easy website.
- Determining maximum electricity and gas prices based on the median of the lowest tariffs (fixed and consumption) of all active retailers, to be updated every six months.
- Pricing methodologies for hot and chilled water to also be based on these benchmarked prices.
- Hot water maximum prices to be based on the gas price benchmark, incorporating a standard for system efficiency to avoid penalising customers for inefficient systems.
- Charging customers for water in water units or equivalent energy units.
- Extending protections for chilled water customers to cover all central air-conditioning customers.
As always, ENM Solutions will be supporting the industry, and our clients, through providing a response to the draft report.
You can access a copy of the report via the link below.
- IPART Draft Report